Comments

YOUR MEMORIES.  CONDOLENCES.  INSPIRATION.

Did you adore Sheila like so many?  We invite you to share your comments, condolences and memories in this virtual guestbook.  To avoid trolls, we will be notified when new comments are submitted.  If it’s not spam, it will be posted.  Feel free to contact the family directly here.

7 entries.
Maureen LaVette Kennedy Maureen LaVette Kennedy from Los Angeles wrote on February 1, 2024 at 9:48 pm
Cousin Sheila,

From the first time I met Sheila, I felt a kinship with her. She was so lovely, kind and sweet, and I could tell that Leon adored her.

Leon and Sheila would share their stories of Sheila’s father, “Uncle James” to Leon, and of her mother, “Aunt Janie” and of their adventures growing up together and through the years. They were usually comical stories of Leon having to brave the New York weather, or of his and Sheila’s shared sensitivities, such as allergies and food intolerances. They really seemed more like sister and brother than merely cousins. This to me is a sign of a beautiful tight knit family.

My heart goes out to her immediate family and to her entire family, friends and all that knew her. – I know that this loss is huge and that your hearts are hurting!

I lost my only sister about a year and a half ago and although the pain has gotten somewhat easier in time to deal with, it has not gone away. I know that I will always miss her being here, until we meet again.

And, what gives me comfort, is truly knowing that she is in a happier place and with my father. I am sure that Sheila is with her father, Uncle James, and all of the relatives and is resting and at peace.

In thinking of what I was going to say – I thought of how when some people pass it is so extremely difficult, simply because they are no longer here on the planet – and just that thought alone makes it tough to soldier on. Sheila is like that to me. The world was a much brighter and gentler place with her in it.

But, it also makes me think of what my mother told me she would like on her epitaph – “Don’t be sad that I am gone – be glad that I was here!”

I don’t know if this song has any meaning to her family, but ever since her passing, this song has been playing in my head – every single day…

“Sunshine On My Shoulders” by John Denver
“If I had a tale that I could tell you
I’d tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I’d make a wish for sunshine all the while”
Leon Isaac Kennedy Leon Isaac Kennedy from Los Angeles wrote on February 1, 2024 at 9:40 pm
Sheila “Sunshine”

Hello Dear Cousins and Family,
All while Sheila was going through her gallant battle and even after her passing, I have been in constant contact with “Our Angel Janie” and “Sweet Terri.”

No mother could me more nurturing and loving than Janie – no sister could have carried the load and taken care of business, or fought harder for their sister than the wonderful, Terri.

To James and Daniel, we send comfort and love.

To the rest of our Wonderful Family and Friends,
I apologize for being behind in speaking to you or even in putting up these remarks. As most of you know, Sheila and I were very close, and it’s been very difficult for me to speak regarding her passing, but here goes.

I believe it was her father, Uncle James that first started calling her “Sunshine Sheila,” but it was a name that stuck, and I always referred to her as My Sunshine. The name was so apropos because she always had such a warmth and a sweet glow. In all the years that I knew her, I can’t really remember her being angry, not in the way that most people can get. I can’t even remember her talking negatively about anyone, and there were those that came across the path of her life that truly deserved to be spoken of in negative terms.

But, Sheila, Sunshine, was too nice and too gentle to do so. She was one of those rare individuals, very much like her mom, who are almost Angelic in the way they go about this thing they call, "Life.”

Even when Sheila was having bad days with terrible pain, whenever I called she always did her best to be cheerful and with a gleeful “Hi Leon, How are you?” Never complaining.

I could cite many adventures that we had together. When she was a teen, she’d go out running with me when I worked out and would spend extra time on my movie locations, she always liked hanging out. We had other things in common, such as binging out on the same foods, even though we were both allergic to them! Smiles - We had wonderful times!

I know that I speak for all of us when I state that, “she’ll never really be gone. We will always hear her laugh and see her pretty smile!” And even though she’s family, she was always more like a sweet sister than a cousin. -- I can truthfully say, it was an extreme pleasure and honor to know her and have this “Exceptional Soul,” in our lives!

Leon
Philip C Marshall Philip C Marshall from Burlington wrote on January 26, 2024 at 2:15 pm
Terri, and all family and friends —

I never met Sheila/Sunshine. But, Terri, through you and your incredible love of family and humanity, I have gained a glimpse and glimmer of the kindle and spark you provide to so many others and I have been bathed in your shared light that warms us and leads our way.

My condolences, prayers, and love are heading to you all.

Philip
Douglas Keegan Douglas Keegan from Orlando wrote on January 20, 2024 at 5:14 pm
it is heart wrenching to see such beautiful people taken from our lives. i said a prayer for you and her. Be strong because you inspire so many.
Libra Max Libra Max from New York wrote on January 15, 2024 at 11:28 am
Thank you for sharing this beautiful honoring of Sheila's extraordinary and radiant life with us. Through Terri I have known of her deep devotion to her family and her beautiful work for a kinder world - We have all been so blessed by Sheila's presence on this planet. I will continue to hold the entire Kennedy family in my heart with love and friendship.

Love, Libra
Tina Crockett Tina Crockett from Harlem wrote on January 12, 2024 at 12:54 pm
To the Kennedy Family,

I did not know Sheila personally, but had met and took yoga classes and kept up with Teresa online. If she was anything like Teresa who had spoken about how she admired her family and who put forth the effort to bring calmness, spirituality, and positiveness in our community and spread her message world-wide, then through her sister, we have all been Blessed by the work here on Earth by your family.

Take care of yourselves and allow for the healing in your hearts
Keith and Stella, Emmanuel and Luke Carter Keith and Stella, Emmanuel and Luke Carter from Singapore wrote on January 12, 2024 at 2:19 am
Dear Aunt Janie and cousin Terri.
We miss Shelia so much. I always remember her warmth and kindness.

Shelia, peace, light,
Fearfully and wonderfully made and so very bright
Your star will shine
In midnight sky
And in our hearts thru the night
While we carry on with God's great might
Cheer us on, cheer us on, cheer us on
From your heavenly home
And assure us that all will be alright.